To produce MS & Diesel with BS-VI norms, as a compliant to MoP&NG mandates of supplying cleaner fuels from April 2020.
New FCC Gasoline De-Sulphurization (FCC-GDS) unit (0.6 MMTPA) is being constructed. Diesel Hydro Treater (DHDT) unit is being revamped from 1.8 MMTPA to 2.4 MMTPA. New Sulphur Recovery Unit (2 x 100 TPD) is being constructed.
- BS-VI Environmental Clearance 02.08.2017
- Compliance report – BS-VI Project 22.11.2017
- Six monthly compliance report -BSVI Project 01.10.17 to 31.03.18
- Six monthly compliance -BS-VI Project Apr-Sep 2018
- Compliance to EC conditions – BS-VI Project with Annexures Oct 18 to Mar 19
- Final -Compliance to EC-BS-VI project 01.04.19 to 30.09.19
- Six monthly compliance report CPCL – Oct 2020 to Mar 2021 – BS VI project-VI project
- Six monthly compliance report CPCL – Apr 2021 to Sep2021 – BS VI project-VI Fuel Upgradation project
- BS VI – Six Monthly EC Compliance Stmt Oct’21 to Mar’22
Benefit: Society and environment will have cleaner fuels with Sulphur content less than 10 ppm.
To modernize the Flare System in tandem with the advancement of technology, Demountable Flare is being implemented in CPCL.
There are about 6 stack risers in a single derrick structure as follow:
20” (HC) – 1 No.
52” (HC) – 3 Nos.
36” (Acid Gas) – 2 Nos.
Derrick Structure Height – 129 m
Stack height, including flare tip – 138 m
- Drastic reduction in requirement of land.
- Maintenance equipment such as cranes is no longer required to erect (or) bring to ground level since the demountable flare system allows each flare tip to be lowered to ground level for inspection, repair work, etc.
- Total flare shutdown is not required. Individual stack riser can be isolated and taken for Maintenance work.